View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 03:29 AM   #812
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
I made a mistake and posted in the general SH3 forum so I am reposting here after being told this is the correct place for this subject. My computer quit on me so I bought a new computer and it has windows 10 like my old one did. I had zero troubles loading the game and lots of mods on the old one, with this one I am having trouble just getting the game installed. I went through the tutorials step by step and here is my problem. On Post #5 of the tutorials I have named my folder SilentHunterIII. In your picture of your SHIII folder you show subfolders of data, documentation and support. My SilentHunterIII folder has none of those sub folders. But I choose my SilentHunterIII folder and click "ok", this is at picture 5 in the installation tutorial. Immediately I get an this error message

You have selected this path
D:\SilentHunterIII\
No valid SH3.EXE found in this folder.

Can someone please guide me to where I am making my mistake.
I have tried using the free download manager to speed things up and then move SH3 to my folder, and I have tried downloading straight to my folder. Neither way makes any difference, I always get this same error message at this stage of the installation. I'm at a loss as to where my SH3.EXE is located.
I forgot to add that I am downloading the game from LSH3 2015 and have tried both the full and the split downloads.
Hi PapaSmurf

If you do not have any subfolder in the SH3 folder you have not properly installed the game....LSH3 not install ...any mod none can be installed because there is not the game