View Single Post
Old 04-24-12, 04:06 PM   #57
11Bravo
Medic

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
I finally took the time and read tru the whole thread, and I = mindblown.

It was great reading tru all the research and notes. I really got excited to see this baby hitting my sub as soon as it's done!

Bravo, maestro!
Thanks. Every modder likes to hear that his efforts are appreciated. It makes the difference sometimes at 3 AM on whether to sleep in or get up early to do some work on SH3...

I decided to operate in the open, showing my thinking and and my mistakes and my learning from my mistakes. Every week I will post my findings, and make available for downloading the mini mods I used to conduct my research. Eventually, like minded Kaleuns can make their own observations and together we can push this already excellent game to new heights. This weekend I will release my ugly sextants and the all important correction factors that make them accurate. I will include a SH3 star chart for the test mission so you can shoot some stars and plot your position.

Part of the fun of this game is learning new skills that were necessary for the submarine forces to be successful. Even if you don't plan on hardcore navigation and even if everything can't get implemented in 100% realistic version, there will be value in even the most casual player to give it a try. I have tremendous respect for those who challenge the forces of nature, let alone the forces of man during war.

"Sounds of terror are in his ears; While at peace the destroyer comes upon him." -- Job 15:21

Last edited by 11Bravo; 04-24-12 at 04:54 PM.
11Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote