View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 05:32 PM   #3
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Thank you.

Now that I have a starting off point I can start tinkering, changing, adjusting, altering, coercing and modifying until I get it just right, or until I completely loose my mind and throw myself out a window. Which ever one comes first. I much rather have a place to start from instead of just opening up a file and start blindly poking around. Like you eluded to, some of those things in program files do what you expect them to, then some stuff is a mystery.

I know about the "Maximum Range at Current Speed" button and how that works. It's just that on the surface the NARWHAL is sooooo slow, and compared to the Gato and Balao the fuel mileage is not so great. I don't think I want to change anything about charging time and submerged speed, at least not yet. That could change very quickly depending on how easy or difficult it ends up being for me. At the same time I don't want to change things on the NARWHAL that make it the NARWHAL. That is to say I don't want to take the NARWHAL out of the NARWHAL, if that makes sense. I just want to make it a little bit easier to use on the surface as far as speed and range. One of the many reasons that game is fun is that each boat has different characteristics and limitations that make each one unique, like they each have a different personality.

I am currently running 3 different SH4 games on my computer. One with just TMO, one with TMO and RSRDC, and the last one with TMO, RSRDC, with the Donation NARWHAL. I like to have all my options available. I plan to do a 4th one some time soon with RFB as I have never used that one before. LAA is an absolute must with RSRDC and I am so glad I read about that in the Radio Room somewhere because RSRDC has made SH4 like a whole new game for me again.

Thanks again for the info. In a few days or so after I start tinkering I will try and remember to come back with news of how it all turned out. That is, if I haven't thrown myself out that window.

-StealthRabbit