Old 07-17-18, 04:26 PM   #6344
Immelmann
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
A few days ago I came across a Japanese Submarine
Hello Milano. You say you came across a submarine but do not describe how it was identified. I am assuming it was visual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
I go to the location and there is a sonar contact, that my sonar man can't pick up or see, or whatever. Doing some triangulation and sonar work, I have him down to within maybe 1,000 yards. There is NOTHING in sight so it must be a submarine. I have been camped out or around the sonar contact for 18ish hours and it hasn't moved and I haven't seen it surface. I also have been pinging to try and get a range to target but I am not getting a return.
Assuming your new sonar contact is a submarine. Currently, I have been doing some hunting for IJN submarines using a Gato class boat. I don't know what your settings are, but mine are as follows. Realistic repair time unchecked. No map contact unchecked. Realistic sensors unchecked. Realistic reload unchecked. No event camera unchecked. No external view unchecked. No stabilize view unchecked. All others checked. Since I have a free camera and an external view available to me, I am able to use both of these features. Every time I get a contact by sonar then I am able to press the period key and go to what is called next unit camera in the keyboard shortcut image file included with the mod. I call it a locked camera because you cannot fly it around like the free camera. It simply stays locked on my boat and allows me to move the view in, out, up, down, and around. But always with my boat centered in the field of view. For me at least, from this view, an additional press of the period key will take me to the same view of my sonar contact. If there are additional contacts, be they visual, radar, or sonar, then additional presses of the period key cycles through all contacts and finally back to my submarine. Using this feature I have been able to determine whether an IJN submarine is surfaced, diving, turning, surfacing, accellerating, decellerating, reversing, or stopped. Yes I have seen all of these and more. Using the free camera on a nearby IJN midget sub I have observed simultaneous diving and turning. Assuming you have a valid submarine contact then you should be able to view it in this manner. Alternately, you may have a borked patrol. I would try a save and reload and then even an exit game and reload the save to see if it changes anything. If broken patrol, then my gut feeling is that it won't and only a return to base will clear the glitch. This is true for my "all dials stuck in the 12 o'clock position" bug that I have exerpienced a few times now. Only ending a patrol and leaving base again will fix it.

Acer Predator G6-720
Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700K (4.20 GHz)
16 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
256 GB NVMe SSD 2 TB SATA III SSD 2 TB SATA III HDD
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Pure Edition
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit, FOTRS Ultimate v0.90_RC3, LAA
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote