View Single Post
Old 06-03-14, 02:15 AM   #651
Succat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Irish View Post
Hello, I recently rediscovered this thread and I really wanted to try out the game with this mod since I enjoyed GWX and just plain silent hunter 3. I am having a couple of issues.

1. I am not 100 percent sure how to install this mod to the JSGME folder. Now my base silent hunter 3 is located on my d harddrive. I should note that this is a steam game verison of silent hunter 3. Now I have placed the whole WSM3.0 GWX 3.0 folder in the mods folder for JSGME and I followed the instructions but I never got the Ge1 2 or 3 folders to appear. Instead I then just put the GE files directly into the mods folder. IS this correct?

2. THe harbor names when I start a career do not make sense nor do they line up. When i try to start a game only kiel gives me a ship the rest Wilhemshaven and it says Brest but it just spawns me at Wilhemshaven give me u boats. Now the only ship I can get is the deutschland which is fine while I start but I really would rather start with the Bismarck. How can I fix this issue? Also the Deutschland spawns in with no guns and I cant figure out how to get the main battery to appear. Any help with this would be really appreciated. I really want to smash things with the Bismark.

Do I need to do a clean install and wipe stuff out of regedit and all that because if so I forget how to do that.
Like I said any help would be great.
Thanks
Mike.

Well, lets start again:

1.) Extract everything.

2.) Install JSGME inside your SHIII folder.

3.) Start JSGME and create the "MODS" folder inside the SHIII folder.

4.) Copy all mods (GWX and WSM) inside the "MODS" folder.

5.) Open JSGME then activate GWX mods first then the "WSM3.0-GWX" mod.

6.) Close JSGME after "WSM3.0-GWX" install and open it again! Now you should see the GEI, GEII and GEIII folders and activate the one you like.

So to make GE folders visible you need to close and reopen JSGME after the WSM3.0 install.

At the end, it should look like this (dont care about the other mods just focus on GWX and WSM, i have an additional ammo mod for WSM activated):

Succat is offline   Reply With Quote