View Single Post
Old 05-09-12, 03:31 PM   #62
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
I do not think it will lessen the crew in any way. I am sure they will all be outstanding sailors.

I love me some partisanship sometimes, and have alot of fun with it, but this reeks of idealogical hate.
Lets call our next one the USS Hitler, because he took over alot of countries. Or the USS Bernanke, because he runs our country.I am sure someone sees them as heroes.

Would you cheer if a ship by the name of the USS Obama got sunk? Just wondering. You have an irrational hate towards the other side, as if the other side has nothing to offer, or should be minimized.

EDIT: (St. Reagan gets too much credit for sinking the soviets, but zero blame in our current economical failure, but that is irrelivant ATM. Trickle down lulz!)

They can name it after you for all I care. As long as it works right.

USS Bubblehead... Nice ring! ;P
Of course I would not cheer if a ship named USS Obama(although it will be a damned shame if they ever name one after him, sure they will though, eventually.Some group will whine and moan and then some spineless politician will give in to appease the AA voters) was sunk, it would be manned by US sailors and marines, lives could be lost, so no I would not want it to sink.

USS Hitler? lol get real Bernanke? That would be inappropriate also.

Reagan took office, the country and economy were a mess, Carter was just like Obama, Reagan came in and things turned around, he left office with a 64% approval rating and a strong economy, obviously majority of people did well under him.Of course, a Dem would tell you everyone can do well under them lol, sorry but that is not real life.Far as the soviets, yes he played a huge role.Every President since WW II had been almost afraid of the Soviets, dicked around with them, appeased them even.JFK took a hard line at some points during his tenure, but we wasted billions, if not trillions over 40+ years on proxy wars in Korea and Vietnam, trying to "contain" them, not defeat them as we should have.Reagan felt this was stupid and decided to change it, he did not want us to fight more endless proxy wars, it was time to stand up to what he appropriately named the Evil Empire.Reagan built a strong military and the soviets could not keep up, unfortunately it ran a deficit but things can not always be perfect, it lead to the fall of the soviet union.Reagan was not perfect, but he was a hell of a lot better than any Democratic President we have had.Of course there are a million factors we could discuss but that is the truth, plain and simple.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote