View Single Post
Old 09-21-06, 04:36 PM   #11
Rcsubs
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Adam,

I have installed SHII and run a mission to see what works and the periscope does not work at all in SHII or in PA. I checked the depth of the boat and it was listed at 15m for both SHII and PA. I have tried a number of things to get the game to work, last night I installed SHII then the official patch 1.1 and ran one of the missions, the periscope did not work in the base SHII or the SHII with the official patch. The I installed PA RC4 and checked things out and then the PA 1.1 Patch and checked things out again and the carreer option is not offered in any version of the game, I also noticed that somethings are backwards, if I select play a saved mission in PA the next window does not have any saved missions and if I select start a new mission the next screen has a list of missions for me to select from. It looks like the game is being installed completely wrong/backwards .

Does the PA patch change things from metric to standard?
Do I need to do something to get the periscope to work?
I have selected the periscope icon and also used the F2 key and the periscope does not work, I have to make all of my attacks on the surface and with that there goes the purpose of a sub, no surprise attack.

Is there a way to control the depth of the sub?

I use to play Silent Service a lot and I was able to control the subs depth by adjusting the dive planes.

I have tried to install this game without the SH official patch and the PA 1.1 patch and nothing helps....

Periscope problem: I hit pgup scope will raise and the only thing that happens is the lense gets a clear spot and I have a good view of the Control room and Periscope. Can not seem to get close enough to the periscope lense to look through it????????????????

Any Suggestions????????????

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell

Just Received New Error Code:

Tue Jan 29 11:46:56 2002
Error -2005532222 [(ddrval!=DD_OK)]
DirectX code: "DDERR_SURFACELOST"
F:\Devel\Janus2\Windows\Sources\BD3DImg.cpp
Line 455

Last edited by Rcsubs; 09-21-06 at 07:19 PM.
Rcsubs is offline   Reply With Quote