View Single Post
Old 09-21-18, 02:53 PM   #8264
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No matter my sympathy for the British Brexit project, I annot save the British from havign made one desastrous mistake - to have underestumated form all beginning on how hard the EU would try to crack down on them to execute a deterring exmaple. But if you go bvack, I preicted right this behavuour and inteiton at the ver ybeginning of this one and a half year ago. The British side thought the Germans would influence trhe EU on behalf of pressure form german industry. It has not happened, and weill not happen. Thy thought they would get a special deal outside the ruleset of the EU, and this again will not happen.

What astionishes me is how long the Brits have stucxk to these illusions. Instead of seriousl putting all time and effort into preparing a had Brexit and then going early for it to prevent business evading - a very confrontational but in my conviction the only possible and thus necessary way to go - they hoped and still seem to hope for a miracle. But the EU is angry at the Brits not wanting to be governed by formidable wonderful EU. The EU will never forgive the Brits for putting their sovereingty over EU demands for centralism. The harder the Brexit, the more it is what the EU wants if it cannot get Britain back into the EU: a punishment that will deter everyone else sympathising with the idea of leaving the block.

And this was the goal of the EU negotiators from all beginning on. One could have seen and known this in advance on the Britiosh island -if only one would have wanted that. If Britain would leave with a successful deal that pleases everybody mor eor less, it wopuld porove that the EU is not needed that much at all and that a life outside the block is possible, thinkable. This demonstration is what has to be prevented AT ALL COSTS.

May has no chance to get what she wants. She never had. Nor would have anyone else in her place. Because Britain wants more sovereignty again - and this sin is unforgivable in the EU's percpetion.

If I were Britain, I would threaten to withdraw from cooperation in security, counter crime, intelligence and military deterrance as well, even would leave NATO. The British distribution to counter terror intelligence is of the most important quantity and quality, and there are only two European military holding a nculear deterrance from which all Europe benefits. Also, additonal intel capacities soon will be needed in the UK - to fight off and counter spionage and sabotage by its European "friends" who without doubt will try as hard as they vcan to destabbilize the political scene and public opnion in order to influence the oubklic in favour of a Brtish pro-Eu course again, bringing the heretic bakc into the family.

An aggressive low tax policy to successfully compete with the EU's highn tax regime and be more attractive for new industry and business, is another option.

Nations have no friends. Nations have interests. Wake up, Britain. Its time to sharpen fangs and claws. The EU is no negotation partner, - IT NEVER WAS. Its an enemy just below the level of warfare and assassinations. And it will play dirty and foul whenever it thinks it gets an advanatge by that.

And worst: the EU will be completely satisfied with itself and thinking of itself as the heroic knight of the holy grail by doing so. Because as we all should know by now: the EU thinks it is on a sacred mission.

The evil dressed in the clothes of the rightous and innocent - thats malice in its most brutal form. But that does not change the fact that the UK played the game in the past 18 months unbelievably naive. High. Time. To. Stop. That.