View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 09:49 PM   #1477
KilooliK
Watch

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Tried one last mission with the Kilo. Literally couldnt guide a Test 71 torpedo into an enemy ship. 0/6. The torpedo stays on track until spitting distance from the boat and then it becomes retarded. Its like the torpedo becomes afraid of the ship and tries to runaway. Constantly trying to correct the bearing on the torpedo as its turning every which way, but the correct way. Impossible to log a hit. And forget about keeping an accurate bearing reading. I can be staring down the ship with my periscope and keeping an update on him with ESM and autocrew on sonar, and my torpedo will miss by a mile if I dont try to guide it. Every time. Its like the torpedo has no homing ability of its own.

Switched to the Seawolf 23 and sunk 2 ships right away on hard, with the adcap torpedo. Sunk 1 by guidance, and the other the adcaps homed in on by themselves. Have had similar "good"ish results with the Akula lll. The Kilo and its weapons shouldnt be THAT BAD, to where its basically useless on hard. Is the Kilos sensors turned waaayy down? Doesnt make sense to not be able to hit anything in the Kilo, and then hop right in a Seawolf or Akula lll and start sinking ships.

Id like to hear some success stories, using the Kilo, on hard.
KilooliK is offline   Reply With Quote