View Single Post
Old 04-09-07, 07:14 AM   #763
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
In DW as it is now, active decoys are much too effective against all modern torpedoes, this is why it is often necessary to resteer wireguided torpedoes onto the target with the unrealistically long wireguiding lengths.
OK, but it isn't possible to decrease active decoys efficiency in your mod? Moreover these stupid decoys also cause false sonar snapshots and I don't know where to resteer my torpedoes. For example enemy sub contact can often change its position for several miles during my attack. ****!

Quote:
The next version of LWAMI will feature many realism-oriented changes to the wireguided and non-wireguided torpedoes.
I am afraid only a few people could be so desperadoes to play your LWAMI 4.xx mod because its torpedo guidance techniques are really a huge mess.

Quote:
Feel free to use whatever version of DW you want, you most likely paid for it. However, you should be aware that the stock game has the exact same problem.
I was lucky indeed because I paid only about 10$ for legal copy of DW! You know merchandises have to be cheaper in some poor, underdeveloped countries like my own to be able to swamp them at all.
My impression is that stock DW torpedoes are less vulnerable for decoys maybe because these torps can acquire targets at longer distances.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote