View Single Post
Old 08-22-05, 04:50 PM   #70
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Amizaur, great stuff!

About the missle turning radius, I am worried that the turning radius variable has a "special" effect on the physics algorithm and if they are made too tight for fast targets, may produce some funny results (airdropped/launched torpedos seems to prone to this, with the porpoising behavior), so we'll have to look at it very carefully.

Depending on your thoughts and schedule, maybe we can aim for another version soon. I will get together a list of things we perhaps need to add/change and send you an email soon.

You guys rock, thanks for trying the DB!

Cheers,
David

PS About the 65-76, I have changed the mission priorities ASW-3 ASUW-1 and left the subs and surface flags, so it resembles the 53cm wakehomer. AI Akulas will fire 65cm torpedos at range. This may not be such a bad thing, as it has the range of the ADCAP so commanders do have an emergency standoff ASW torpedo, and a long range launch may get a target to run like heck for no reason, meaning the attacker can follow up with subrocs, etc. Depending on the feel of the community, we can disable this, or keep it. My feeling is, if the torpedo could reasonably used in this way in reallife (deep diving torpedo, can pick up wakes of fleeing submerged targets if the depth is close and target is moving fast enough) I'm in favor of keeping it, as it's one more thing that an opposing commander has to worry about, and in reallife, I'm sure a commander would launch a weapon with a chance of hitting at range if no other weapons carried by the sub would work. (Launch the 65-76! No capitan, it says in the DB that it's only for use against ships! Damn the DB flags... hehe)

I actually killed a Kilo at a huge range by mistake when I launched a spread of them against a convoy and it got caught up in it near the surface. :|\