View Single Post
Old 03-20-07, 11:28 AM   #883
Grom
In the Brig

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
FYI screenshots of some of the fixes coming in GWX Patch 1.03...
Hi.
Sorry for bothering You, but i have some sugestions about the map of Europe in 1939, and submerging/surfacing of the submarine.
1st is about political map of Europe in september 1939:

As You can see names of the cities are in two different languages. Its just a small sugestion of changing them into german names as it looks bit weird. Please dont take my words as i would be over sensitive about Poland. I do think about the historical aspect only. Pillau & Danzig werent hostile to Germans. I didnt mention Danzig on the map, but in political situation major on concuil of Free City of Danzig was pro German and hostile to Poland. It was mentioned in Polish Navy war doctrine as concern of naval blocade of Danzig harbour. Pillau had German naval base and it was also hostile to Poland. Some of the startegic plans for using the submarines by Polish Navy were developed to attack any hostile vessel leaving and enetring harbours of Pillau and Danzig.

2nd thing is submerging the submarine.
As far as i am aware of these things. Submarine uses combined static and dynamic submerging/surfacing. However the fundamental for any possibility of submerge of submarine is to flood balast tanks. In this situation submarine can submerge without using the propelers and diving planes. In fact every sub can do this. It was the very first think that came to me when using GWX for the very first time. I could not stay submerge when stop the motors, and it is unrealistic.

Best regards.

Last edited by Grom; 03-20-07 at 12:28 PM.
Grom is offline   Reply With Quote