View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 10:22 AM   #9264
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 375
Uploads: 0

There will always be a compromise between Realism and playability that applies to all games and WOS is no exception . Silent Hunter 5 is a Sim game afterall so there is a bias towards realism and historical accuracy. WOS takes this a step further that's what its all about.

In terms of difficulty levels there is quite a lot of scope with the options such as the No RealNav and ship recognition addons . I think this is a good idea as it helps assist the "Learning Curve" for new players and the level can be upped as you gain more experience. Personally I think WOS has got this bang on and there is no need for any major change, maybe some little tweaks here and there.

None of this is really "Rocket Science" I'd think most of you would agree.

Regarding the previous point there are some little pointers I'd like too add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner von Schmidt View Post
The second question is about the set_course cmd. Do know sb I can ask about this? I mean, technically it is possible to press for example X + 002 (like a string) to set course to 002. Same with set_depth. This would be also more realistic for a Cpt. in stressful situations.
This has come up before, I'm not sure where you acquired the knowledge as to if it is possible or not but it has already had a response from Vecko. Personally I just don't get how this is more realistic or any need for it you don't need the GUI Dials to control the depth or speed there is allready keyboard shortcuts to do this + Command like crash Dive. However as always respect your opinion and I could be wrong.

Your point about the Enigma Machine are very valid and interesting . I did not know the German Version was different other than just Language translation I hope it thrives, it cannot be a bad thing for the Standard English Version

Its good to see all these points and ideas generated from 1 post, keep it rolling

For those who don't know me I'm British, never wrong, always right and should not be argued with, + never taken too seriously. OK

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL

we shall fight on the beaches,we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender Winston Churchill 4 June 1940

https://ibb.co/mWi2Q6

My Boat
Attached Images
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 134 views)
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote