View Single Post
Old 11-18-17, 10:04 AM   #9263
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Quote:
But on the other hand I'd like my navigation officer to use it, to see some random, realistic failures in determing boat position due to bad weather, currents etc.
Try real navigation mode, then you get this feeling what i think you randomly want in your game.

What you wrote brings IMO not the effect you want to. Failures in boat position has no effect in the game instead of real life WWII situations. For example, in the case there was a meeting with a milkcow in the middle of the atlantic on a specific day or time and it was hard to reach the supporter in case of bad weather.

When you want to attack an enemy ship in sh5 it doesent matter where you are exactly at the sea. You, or your navigator can calculate on a random place the torpedo attack.

When i didnt hit the ship with Real Navigation - except of duds - i know it was my fault, something went wrong with my values and the calculation with these or so.

What do yo want instead, without Real Navigation, that you didnt hit the ship and after realising that you will get automaticly a message from your 1Wo or Navigator who said:"We dont hit the ship, think we got errors in our calculations, sry Kaleun"!?

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote