View Single Post
Old 04-09-15, 10:44 PM   #39
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

It could be a loading procedure related error then. One patrol usually takes something like at least two weeks to finish. I might have been developing my Lighthouses and Entrance Points mod back then, and that would have been something that would have forced me to load a test career now and then. I also had Submarine Tracking Room as a shortcut on my Desktop, but right beside the shortcut for SH3Commander. It is possible that I would have accidentally just started the game following the old routine of starting SH3 through SH3Commander.

Another possibility might be memory related. I have 4 GB's of memory and the system seems to be struggling with long loading times, even if I don't use MFM anymore. 3 HKG's is a lot if the groups are all near me, together with the convoy I was stalking?

Strange happenings? Yeah trying to report the convoy did not work as I expected. First I thought I reported the convoy with its speed and course (7kn NE) but the radio report gave a HKG's course and speed (15 W). I tried reporting the convoy again but then the radio report gave the data of 2 HKG's, and not the convoy. Now that I know there were 3 groups there is a slight possibility that in low visibility I would have locked on the ships of the groups' instead of the convoy's, if 2 of the groups would have been behind (east from my u-boat) the convoy.

Did you say v1 gives the convoy map positions? It did that in radio messages from BdU, but there were no signs on the navigation map. Come to think of it, the only signs I see in my Navigation Map are the signs indicating a convoy - if the convoy isn't right next to me.