Old 07-07-07, 01:14 PM   #38
WernerSobe
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bando
Hello Werner,

I'm no tweaking expert, but my files are tweaked by myself to a great extend, so to merge more mods together without them biting eachother. So I went ahead and downloaded your mod. I use the Die Slowly mod by Redwine and the New effects (not yet released, it's a test version) by Leovampire. I would need to tweak your mod right in. I looked at the torpedo_us.zon file, and to my surprise I've seen you reduced the min/max EF values. I thought they were the explosive power of the torpedo, but than again, I'm by no means an expert in this.
Furthermore in the zones.cfg I see you made the flooding a very long proces, which is good IMO.
Resume, what exactly does the min/max EF value do in relation tt the torpedo. I am assuming T1=MK10, T2=MK14, T3=MK16?, T4=MK18, T5=MK23, T6= MK27

Please advice,

Reg

Bando
Youre are right it is the amount of structural damage the torpedoes inflict to the vessel. Ive reduced the damage because i wanted the ships sink from flooding and not just blow up. Let me explain:

Each ship has a certain amount of structural hitpoints and a certain amount of floatatation. You can kill every ship in two ways. First reduce its structural hitpoints to zero by hiting it with to many torpedoes. That will cause a huge explosion, the ship will blow up and sink very fast because all compartments start flooding. The other method is to reduce its floatatation by hiting different compartments. Flooding compartments slowly reduce the general floatatation and once it is zero the ship will sink regardless of how many hitpoints it has left.

While "Die Slowly" Mod has tweaked all the hitpoints to be more realistic, ive gone another way and increased the amount of floatatation taken away by each compartment when flooded. At same time i needed to reduce the structural damage from torpedoes to avoid ships taking maximum structural damage before they are flooded and their maximum floatability is used.