View Single Post
Old 08-14-13, 02:35 PM   #162
Scoobared
Nub

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Greetings Subsim! I have just recently gotten SHIII--always late to the party, as usual. This sim and the Subsim modding community are fantastic; an outstanding job keeping SHIII alive for so many years with so many wonderful mods--otherwise latecomers such as myself would most likely have missed out on the fun entirely.

Using JSGME, whenever I activate the Fire Damage mod, the smoke columns from burning ships disappear instantly once the relevant sections sink below the waterline. Deactivating this mod returns the smoke particles to the normal behavior of fading out slowly over time.

I'm running the Encore-published no Starforce DVD edition using GWX 3, SH3 Commander/SH3 Weather and the H.Sie/Steibler combined hardcode patches. When the Fire Damage mod is activated, the instantly disappearing smoke particles occur both with and without any other additional mods loaded.

Otherwise, the mod is working as intended. To test, I used the Silent 3ditor to tweak the damage from the virtual depth charges to atomic levels and was rewarded with ships splitting in two from a single shot.

All testing (tasting?) of various mod soups have been done in the first two naval academy missions. No patrols yet.

Searching the forums, it appears the problem once existed with the stock sim as well as with The Dark Wraith's lovely "SH4 effects for SH3," but I've so far found no reports of instantly disappearing smoke associated with the Fire Damage mod itself. I hope it's not just me. Any ideas of settings to tweak?
Scoobared is offline   Reply With Quote