View Single Post
Old 11-15-12, 09:48 AM   #39
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
I don't think that SH3 Commander reads dates mid-patrol but I also don't see this as an issue. You wouldn't be sent new charts mid-patrol but would continue to receive radio messages, which seems to fit in with what you are trying to achieve and improves the realism of your mod.
It does work, but my original intent was for the orders templates, the ones that have the orders listed by text on draggable pages in the game, to be updated mid patrol. The reason for this is that during certain times of the year, the JFO! radio messages pile up in a couple of days. Plus if you use the Radio Log Extended Mod as well, that updated message that you received back at the beginning of the patrol 20 days ago is going to be tough to find by paging all the way back through all of the messages that you received since then.

What I am going to do is set up my JSGME such that I can add in the necessary files based on the current date of the patrol myself. That way my orders will always be up to date. There is just a lot of info on there that I would really like to have in game, which was the original point.

We are working on a German version right now. When I release that I will update the readme to reflect the issues with SH3 Commander.

Quote:
By the way - WAD?
WAD - Working As Designed

rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote