View Single Post
Old 05-04-07, 06:07 PM   #1244
jumpy
Admiral

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Pffft.
After a good break from SHIII and deciding to get back with the latest GWX doodad, I discover that despite rolling everything back and disabling all of my mods etc, the GWX patch won't install.
Looked at the FAQ etc.
Decided to use bitorrent to get the whole thing from http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/GWX/
no dice!
Allowed everything through my firewall, keep having to tell norton AV to permit communications with bitorrent.
Got sick of it cancelling the file, telling me I can't connect without any peers?
Tried to look for an alternative location - no dice.

What a pile of crap.

As usual computers make stuff more complicated.

I have now gone back to the 'old' method of downloading files - individually. Lets hope they don't get corrupted like they did on a previous occasion after I spent 3 days happily DL this great mod.

Don't get me started on that MD5mate thing - optimistically I thought I could check the two versions of GWX I have on my backup drive, one of which is corrupt; none of the damn numbers match do they?

I shall remove SHIII and reinstall + patch then apply a whole new DL of GWX + latest patch and start the whole damn thing from scratch.

All of this for a bloody game... I must be crazy.

30 minutes remaining to get GWX-1.bin

I recon I'm looking at about 4-5 hours at this rate, checking to make sure I start the next part whe one is finished.

meh. I was looking forwards to this too

/rant

when you’ve been so long in the desert, any water, no matter how brackish, looks like life

jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote