View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 08:39 AM   #1679
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

I shall neither forget, nor forgive! So far there are no female Draugrs in Skyrim. If I ever meet you, that will change.
Believe me, nobody felt worse about it than I did. I haven't interacted with her as this PC yet (except for the brawl) but I did in other playthroughs and she's just so sweet. She was predictably nice about the whole affair, lol. She told me I got her fair and square and then just left the house. Aerin just stood there at the door scowling and saying "You need to leave" in a belated attempt to be menacing. ORLY little man? Where were you when I was beating the crap outta your friend?

I think I'm going to make up for it by going and getting her sword and surprising her with it.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I have fought lady Draugrs in some of the tombs. The bosses always seem to be male but sometimes I run into a lower level one that appears to be wearing the female version of the armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Does the weapon'S value gets multiplied with the talent of the fighter for using archery, one-handed and two-handed weapons?
Pretty sure this is the case as IIRC I have seen damage numbers for weapons change when I go from just highlighting them in my inventory to actually equipping them. The damage you can do with a 2H weapon is increased by your skill level in 2H and/or the 2H perks you've taken.

Quote:
Is a steel dagger that got improved to the same level like let'S say an elven or vulcan dagger effectively the same weapon?
If by "level" you mean the Flawless, Epic, Legendary tags... no, I'm pretty sure it's not. If you have a steel dagger and, say, an ebony dagger and you have the smithing perks for both materials and you improve them both at the same crafting session, even if you can get them both to "Legendary" status the ebony should still have a higher damage rating than the steel because the base damage for the ebony weapon is twice that of a steel dagger. The ebony weapon started out better and, all other things being equal, it should always be better than its steel equivalent.

According to UESP:

Quote:
The actual damage your character will do with a weapon is derived from the base damage according to your character's weapon skill and any relevant skill perks. The damage can also be increased by using smithing to sharpen a weapon.

Weapon damage forumula:
displayed damage = (base damage + smithing increase) * (1 + 0.5 * skill/100) * (1 + perk effects) * (1 + item effects)
Perk Effects = .2 * Barbarian/Armsman/Overdraw rank level
Edit: I put Mist Top in and went to check it out. The graphics are fantastic but sadly it's just not the house for me. The location is too inconvenient, it's difficult to get to (and apparently impossible for some followers), and it's SO cramped and small inside. Far too claustrophobic IMO. I really loved the outdoor smithy but the interior appears to be designed more for looks than actual function... most of what I saw was just there as decoration, it wasn't something you could pick up and interact with, which is a shame. It's not like I want a house full of valuable or unique items that I can pick up and add to my inventory for fun and profit, but to have so much stuff there that normally would be interactive - books, a coin purse, etc. - but isn't and therefore can't even be moved from one spot to another at my convenience... meh.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 05-07-12 at 08:59 AM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote