View Single Post
Old 11-18-15, 07:38 PM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
It's worth trying! As somebody who's recently built his first CMANO scenario, I can tell you the editor is really not that scary and especially if you build shorter tactical missions, it's not much different from ordering a set of missions and ROE for two sides and then testing it a bunch to see how they play out.

I think the real tricky thing is that there's not a 1:1 match between the roles of old weapons and the roles of new weapons, so you might end up with some real fish-out-of-water situations - for example, German submarines today are simply not designed for the role and patterns of operations as the World War II ones, and the platforms and deployments used for ASW to defend against them would be vastly different from the convoy system of old. But well, give it a try and see what you can come up with yourself!
Thank you for your reply

I think that you and perhaps others have misunderstood me.

I'm talking about a modern version of WWII with modern military and of course modern weapons.

Back to trying to create mission

I have lots of ideas of scenarios-from little to very big(as this one WWII mentioned above)

Let me explain one of them

Name of scenario Iowa's last journey time to play 8-12 hours
Where? Some hundrede nautical miles outside South Korea between Sk and Nk. Year and time 1992/August 10 /15.00

viewable your ship(IOWA) two airbase and two radars.

Radar 1 and 2 have is under control of the computer(A)
Airbase 1) 6 F16B 3x dumb bombs/3x some smart bombs

Airbase 2) 1 AWACS, 1 tanker and some plane not available(not under the players control-maybe placed in Japan or in the middle of Sk)

Game start:

Two minutes into the game-a message pop-up on the screen
"something about taking the old lady home safely and of course military abbreviations(from and to etc)

20-30 minutes later new message
"something about a Sk spy who has got some information about a NK naval officer bragging about who easy it is to sink Iowa(same here military abbreviations)"

later a new message

"same spy has detected that a group of missile guide frigates has left the military harbour(name of a NK military harbour).

Now the messages comes quickly after each other

"From US/Sk military-We understand there could be group of military vessel heading in your direction, take necessary step to protect your ship, we will send an AWACS up to find these ships. Something like that"

Later into the game-The AWACS find these ships(Yellow of course)

" you get the message that you should send a group of two F-16 to investigate these ships as they are in international waters and are heading to wards Iowa"

Here is two ideas

Idea 1. One of your F-16 is shot down and these ships turn red
a message occur
"It seems Nk means business you have to engage these frigate.

Idea 2 almost same as in idea number 1 except for a huge different
After the F-16 is shot down the complete military complex in South Korea and Japan starts to shine as a Christmas tree and the same in North Korea and some bases in USA.

Idea 1 playtime 8-12 hours
Idea 2 how shall I explain this and I don't know if it's possible

Here is my idea-when you press start the counter says-8/12 hours when the F-16 is shot down the counter change to 4 days and many more messages pop-up, not at the same time of course(this is stil about idea number 2)

I hope you understood what I wrote and what my idea was

I have tried to make that mission and some more(only Idea number 1)

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote