View Single Post
Old 03-27-13, 06:50 PM   #3022
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Close call
Travelling back from a patrol trying to complete north western approaches . Using real navigation and no external cameras . I was travelling at my max TC settings of 256TC while on the navigation map view . I was getting close to Willhelmshaven when the game dropped to 1TC for no apparent reason .

The original plan was to rearm and refuel at Heligoland and that way I had plenty of time to finish the north western approaches objective (the progress bar is halfway) . Now that I have run aground and severely damaged the sub I had to enter the base and do repairs . This is a major pita because now I only have 5 days to go from Willhelmshaven to north west of England and complete the north western approaches objective . Now I have no choice but to raid dangerous ports to try to complete the progress bar and the north western approaches objective in time . Then I have to decide to either rush back to Heliogland and refuel and rearm assuming I have no damage or go straight to Narvik . I cannot afford any damage now because I would not fullfill the operation weserubung objective in time if I have to make repairs of any sort . So basically my campaign has gone from a comfortable patrol to a rushed and dangerous one all because of one stupid mistake . I cannot imagine in real life what pressures must have been on these men .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 03-28-13 at 01:13 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote