Old 07-18-17, 04:55 PM   #8
kstanb
Sparky

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
]
This is exactly what the ships ingame are set up to do. I ran some tests today and using the Andizhan and Boris Chilikin, and they both exhibit this kind of turning circle.
No merchants in the game are capable of turning 180' in 30 seconds.
Then how else can this issue be fixed? or I guess my question is, do you play 68's campaign? do you use (successfully) the Mk16?
are there youtube videos showing successful use of mk16 in a "realistic" difficulty against a convoy? and I am not talking down-the-throat shooting or exploiting the "running away" routine, but the ideal surprise attack against an unaware enemy (a Belgrano sinking scenario)

maybe the 30 seconds was an exaggeration, fine. against unguided torpedoes, you just need a few degrees or a quick change in acceleration to throw the solution off. Again even under the doubtful assumption that the ship will not change course spontaneously like it does every minute or so.

EDIT: and regarding dive rates: Ideally I wish there was a mod in which dodging a well aimed torpedo is very difficult, but this combined with a "slower" pace of fighting, meaning that also detecting a submarine and creating good firing solutions become difficult, this while a poor solution is easy to avoid

Last edited by kstanb; 07-18-17 at 05:05 PM.
kstanb is offline   Reply With Quote