View Single Post
Old 04-26-07, 08:04 AM   #59
Puster Bill
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Krunch
Everyone, the good folks over at the Historic Naval Ships Association have posted "Submarine Attack Course Finder Mark 1 Model 3 Manual, O.D. 453", so we no longer have to guess how the heck to use the Is-Was! In addition, this manual has some fairly clear images of the back side of the Is-Was, so I might eventually be able to complete what I've already put together - but I probably won't be able to get to it for a while, so anyone else can feel free to step up and create the back side of this thing.

Sounds like I've 'reinvented' the wheel, so to speak. The backside of the banjo is simply a circular slide rule with a few extras to make it easier to use for targeting (especially compensating for own speed).

What I did was take the banjo, and put it on the back of a circular slide rule that I got from the Sphere Research site (http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/build.html). You want body image 1, print it out on cardstock, use a highlighter to highlight the S scale, then laminate it. Print the overlay/cursor image on inkjet transparency, then laminate it also (helps make it more rigid and durable). I pinned them back to back, and it looks like this...

Slide rule side:

'Banjo' side:

I would really be interested in getting that other side, though.