View Single Post
Old 06-16-16, 08:07 AM   #3
Foxendown
Bosun

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Thanks for that. Have been the victim of two "area ambushes" recently so know what you mean by that. First time I lost a light cruiser immediately, second time I manually scattered my convoy and avoided the torpedo salvos but then lost a destroyer when approaching a sub head on. After that depth charge attacks drove them away. A couple of points to add.

A game about the Battle of the Atlantic should primarily be about U-Boats trying to get to merchants and evading warships to do it, not U-Boats fighting battles against warships.

German surface raiders seem suicidally aggressive. Single ships doing a Hipper style death ride seems to be the norm.

It's hard to steer destroyers into a good attacking position against U-Boats because steering is relatively imprecise (on the other hand you can be quite a long way from the "green spot" and still use weapons).

On the positive side I had an amazingly realistic Battle of the River Plate playing both sides and it may be that I have to give up the campaign in the end and just play the single missions which is a pity, but even in that situation I still feel the game is amazing vfm.
Foxendown is offline   Reply With Quote