Weps

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
and someone showed me this:
http://www.uboatarchive.net/BDUKTB.htm
Uboatarchive is a wonderful resource.

I've been using it as a primary source for researching typical crew composition (differs from stock, RUB, or SH3 commander "realistic" crews, all of which, for instance, have too many torpedo personnel), historical patrol grid assignments, and some equipment details.

I'm going to have to go through all those standing orders, someday soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Just a comment on my own play. I'm in the habit of running multiple careers side by side. One of them started in August, ...

I use Commander to assign myself one of the boats that historically left Wilhelmshaven on August 19th. I do a "false patrol" on the 1st, cruising around the harbor for fun, and then set up the boat the way I want it. I set 'Days In Base' to '18', which allows me to leave on the 19th. I also go the long way around, as they were ordered to, and then wait for the war to begin. After that I reset 'Days In Base' to 'Random' and let it have its way. All in fun, of course.

But that's just me.
I take a similar approach. Usually one career active at a time per active in-game flotilla. We need that short cruise at the beginning of a career to be able to change boat equipment afterwards (so renown isn't lost on the first patrol) and to get promoted to ObLt.z.S. I also set Days in Base to a fixed amount when I want to force a departure date.
Covered 1939-1945; now restarting in 1939 again.
Completed 39 careers, 210 war patrols, 4.7Mt sunk, 19 subs lost
RoaldLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote