Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton88
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody

Will there be anything else sir?

Peabody
What are you currently working on? Maybe i can help out..
(I'm just trying to get this mod out faster )) )

for the voices/sound effects i will need about a week, starting next thursday

Hold your horses there! in the sound\speech folder there are 8 different folders : one per voice.

in each : there are 222 different sentences ! I already made a small mod from the movie Gochin (filmed during I-10's fifth war patrol, real sounds real sinkings etc..) but since it has only been downloaded 30 times it is clearly not a priority as we have other matters to fix.

Modding is a slow and painstainking process, I would know after the ships I did, Peabody does with the japanese campaign, Takao, Captainscurvy, Sledgehammer427 and certainly Skwasjer do, it takes time and patience to get it right. We don't have any Ubi SDK to make those files, though S3D is now pretty close . We have to reverse-engineer everything they made, and that's a pain. Sounds can only be mono and this length max etc... f.i. the develloppers' sounds are always smaller in size than mine were, even for the same time length !

this is exactly which we don't rush the campaign. we have to get the subs to work perfectly, they also need japanese weapons all the way, not only torpedoes and submarines.

If you look at the 3D Torpedo room thread on the AOTD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141858) with its 34318 views you'll understand how long it could take to model japanese submarine interiors, if we had those kind of pictures and blueprints, which, but for the midget sub and the Koryu, we don't have at the moment. (look at post 281 and you'll see what kind of pictures to exist, USN mission to Japan 1946)

The campaign layout is made from RL shipping movements of either the IJN or its merchant fleet. I for one would love it to get as real as possible, and still playable by most out there. I had to buy a new computer to play this game.

As for the face, I have made a few, using the japanese sailor faces that are ingame, I just bumped that thread for you. Since I don't know how they mod the face and split the head afterwards to create those dds I have to work on a skewed image which is a lot harder than using photos for faces f.i.

As for the signature thing, look up posts 51 and especially post #76 on this very thread, you'll see where we are headed. In post #104 Sledgehammer427 already suggested that Dönitz didn't sign that, didn't he now ?

We are not going to use copyrighted material in this mod. Faces or otherwise, unless we have the consent from their designer like I did from John Meeks and Michel Guyot (www.subart.net) who nicely donated the digitized copy of their work for the campaign's loading screens and intro screen. This is how it works, you ask, if they decline, you don't use the material.

Then there are new things too like on post #133 ... or 139 if you like the rewards but they have to be right. Or #157 if you wanna breathe underwater f.i. then there was the real kaiten model (post # 181), the last add-on we just implemeted is the type 93 naval mine thanks to Darkfish who made the files, and just that took a while.

We are trying to get all aspects right, as much as it is feasible anyways.

This said I look forward to hearing a few japanese sounds you'll make as long as you follow our guidelines.

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 02-01-09 at 04:27 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote