View Single Post
Old 01-11-08, 12:39 PM   #9
Sockeye
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0

I think if you're into modern armour simulations or atleast want to see what they're about, then there's none better than SBProPE. Myself, I took a chance on it, and because I only buy a new game maybe once a year, the pricetag only meant that it better be challenging and I better have a great time.

I can remember getting smacked in my early scenarios, and yelling "where the hell did that come from?!" Well, that still happens, but once you wrap your head around the tactics it becomes more of a "why did I do something so stupid?" moment. It was the first real tanksim I played beyond some demo on a CD years ago, and it's one of the most immersive games I've played in a very long time. The learning-curve in this one is not how to handle modern technology with button-pushing, but tactics and movement that have been employed for centuries to stay alive and win.

How will you accomplish the mission? How will the terrain affect your course of action? What will you do when maingun fire, minefields, well-placed arty strikes, or a botched river-crossing throws off your COA?

At times you'll be in the middle of some really intense gunfights. Or maybe a sneaky scout mission is more up your alley... you can do that too. Wanna command a single tank? A platoon? A company? How 'bout a battalion? No problem!

I actually had to learn something new to play the game, and that alone can be worth the price
Sockeye is offline   Reply With Quote