Old 07-27-11, 01:50 PM   #21
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Thanks for all your replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
That said, you can make the mines stay there for all the time you want it, even if they won't explode unless you are closeby (40km, the are where units are physically spawned and not just traced as abstract entities) and will not get any credit for anything they sink. How? Well, opening SH3 mission editor and adding a german minefield exactly where you accomplished your mission, with the number of mines and spacing you put them.

It can be done, it just will require some manual input from the player, though it could theoretically be automated by a Perl script that asks you for the parameters (Latitude/Longitude, number of mines, spacing) and then writes the minefield into the LND campaign layer for you.
I agree it would be easy. You could even mark the mines' positions on the map and later automatically extract these from a savegame and add the mines to the campaign layer. However, I don't think the effort is justified because you probably will never go back and see any effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
Great Thanks a lot. It's not the first time that your archive saves me, SSB! BTW, do you also have this old mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=147445

Quote:
Originally Posted by pditty8811 View Post
Do you have knowledge of Perl script editing? If so that would be awesome.

I was thinking something that would require a script also. But I have never done stuff like that before though I manually mod all the time. Here is a thread I started concerning an idea I had.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185828

If you have knowledge of script editing or could point me in the right direction I could do it myself.

-pditty8811
Hi pditty8811,

what exactly do you want the perl script to do? Remove a certain type, class, name,...? From what I understand at the moment it seems to me that the whole programming effort is not justified (in many years playing SH3 I've seen only one carrier and maybe five battleships in career mode)

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote