View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 07:14 AM   #12
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
So, Captain, the right thing to do here was just say: "hey guys, I, CaptainCruise, am going to hold out with the mods until I can get accurate 3D models, whereas someone who wants to try a sub with different characteristics can do whatever he wants"

Instead of saying Modders should hold out because you like eye candy... Sorry, I am a bit baffled here

Geez.....you're putting words in my mouth. I NEVER told anyone to pass on these types of mods because that's what "big badass CaptainCruise" thinks they should do. Sheesh...who gave me that right??? I would never do such a thing. All I was trying to say was if I decide to try a download of new ships that didn't come pre-packaged with the game, I would PREFER to use new 3D model ships with accurate specs instead of a renaming one ship and changing the specs so it walks and talks like something else. I don't want to look at a Ohio class SSBN and have someone tell me its a Ohio skin re-tweaked to George Washington SSBN specs. They don't look alike and my choice would be to use what the game gave me. That's just me.....everyone here is entitled to use the game the way they want and if they are happy using a tweaked platform like this, then by all means make yourself a happy camper and use them. I'm sure they are great mods and perform like the ship they are named for would perform. The modders here deliver great stuff and everyone should be able to find something that's makes them happy. As for me I like the ability to use the Soviet subs the game has in missions and campaigns. I especially want to get my paws on one of those Oscar SSGN tubs. Now that's a beast of a sub.....and it even looks like an Oscar!!

"CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote