View Single Post
Old 12-30-18, 12:42 PM   #1455
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
Neutral boats in armed convoys are regular target... (but i don't know how game count renown for this ships, as if you hit neutral, or as if you hit enemy)

You can always edit the renown penalty down to zero (I think the default is either -10 or -1) for attacking neutrals.

I'm not talking about neutrals in a convoy. I'm talking about single merchants. Another example (just from my gameplay last night):

Came across a Petrophalt class ship in AM84 (I cheat a little bit by using the external view to get close enough to see she is sailing with the flag of the Netherlands painted across the side of the hull). Assumption: she's neutral since it is still December of '39. As I get closer, I see the the stealthmeter change from green to green-yellow, then to yellow, orange, red and then she starts zig-zagging.

What to do? I can let her go as she is marked as a neutral, but she is acting as if she were not. Or, I can get closer and fire a shot across the bow, simulate stopping her, and then decide to let her go or sink her...

Likewise, later I come across a coastal merchant painted with the flag of Panama. We pass each other about 3000 m apart without her zigzagging or the stealthmeter changing colors.

I'm wondering if this is due to how ships are coded in the GWX campaign despite how they are skinned by the MFM skin packs.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote