3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobomarinho View Post
Hi !

I would like to ask you for advice with my present problem with SH3/ GWX:

I have been absent for a long time due to a stroke and several hearth operations that had a very negative development to my memory and my health in general.

So, resuming..... I am a 64 years old that loves submarine simulation and that needs help with the re-installation of GWX 3.0.

Last week I asked a young IT guy to help me with the re-installation of GWX 3.0 and it was a complete waist of time because we could not install GWX, even using the backup files that I had from my previous PC.
He told me that we had god knowledge of PC games and that it would take 1 hour max to do it........ A week later and he can not solve the problem.
I am very unhappy with this failure and I am trying to find a solution to this problem as I live in Halmstad, a small town in the west coast of Sweden.

So my question is : Do you know someone with true experience with SH3/GWX that could help me with reinstalling GWX in my PC, using an internet connection??
There are specific programs that can be used to connect one computer to another and grant access to its contents and make a software installation from distance.
I have a W7 ultimate , 64 bits,game PC for exclusive use of FSX flight simulation and submarine simulation. Th operating system is in English
I have installed SH3 V1.4 " vanilla" with no dvd modification.

Is this something that you could consider?? or can you recommend a fellow subsim that could help me??

I look forward in hearing from you.

Kind regards
LB

I'm guessing you did a normal install of SH3? It can't be installed in the c:\Program Files (x86) folder. You need to uninstall it completely, and then install it in *any* other folder. Perhaps c:\SilentHunter3-V1.4\ or something similar.

You should consider doing a vanilla install, then using SH3 FE or Multicopy to copy it over into a new directory (say c:\SilentHunter3-GWX\ and then install GWX to that directory.

Best to keep a completely vanilla install and then multicopy it into new versions for, say, GWX, NYGM, WAC, etc.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote