Old 11-27-07, 04:42 PM   #17
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERdeBOER
OK... I've been doing a small test.

kage, can You (or SuBB) tell us some of how you create your "dynamics"?

Thanks
I didn't notice earlier but of course, I'll be happy to share what was learned in this 'quest for truth' behind in-game dynamics.

You’ll find some limitations beyond control such as 'suicide attack' script. but with some creativity and sharing ideas with others you can come up with a way to workaround it or something better.

For example I ran into a fuel problem with su-27 interceptors flying a 4.5 hour CAP after leaving the airport. The workaround was ‘converting’ a tu142 bear or IL May into ‘in-flight refueling aircraft’ for the flankers using some triggering w duration and scripting.

The tanker and CAP will fly formation and refuel every 2 hours (1:30 dw time w 30 minutes duration 15 minutes / plane) but if the 27’s make contact w hostile, they engage afterburners for 6 minutes breaking formation w tanker, engage contact w either missiles and guns, and when the contact is destroyed they return to formation w the tanker and resume CAP.

I think I can be far more descriptive in ‘how’ we did it when the features list is complete for the beta I’m releasing soon. But for now use the use this as reference and any questions you have about scripts, triggering & whatnot I’ll be glad to offer assistance.

suBB is offline   Reply With Quote