View Single Post
Old 10-13-18, 04:13 AM   #7
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

Some mods that really enhanced my NYGM experience :

- a uniforms mod , it makes your crew look different one from another and more casual . You need to shuffle them around a bit until you find different uniforms but it really looks good . I've made a compilation in a mod called Dress Code

- a sound mod : Thomsen sound mod is a very good mod, i did some some modifications to it, fixed some bad audio files, added some stuff that i liked, the mod is called My Thomsen

- an environment mod . I like Manos mods but the overcast and rainy nights are just pitch black, i want to see a bit around the boat and my crew on the bridge . I modified the Manos v5 with green water mod ( i always like this better than Manos v6 blue water) in order to change the way rainy and overcast nights in the Atlantic look like , you can try it , it's called My Environment ( it has all the optional Manos mod already included ) . However, i noticed that it depends on the monitor , on my notebook display the nights are superb with a very sharp blue look while if i use the same notebook with a monitor they dont look that good .

You can download them from my mediafire page and try them :

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4f2g0kbgsbwt7/SH3

Just copy/paste the link if clicking on it doesnt lead there .

Apart from that i suggest the FM NewInterior 2.1D and Open Hatch mods, they add a lot to the immersion and they are perfectly compatible with NYGM . Now, if you are a type IX guy, you can skip the New Interior mod, just use the Open Hatch one .

Also, i suppose you use the mods that can be downloaded from the NYGM page, things like NYGMHiResSubs3.6 or IABLShips for NYGM .
TNT mod (there is a NYGM version) is also very useful .

These plus H.sie and the Stiebler add-on to H.sie add a lot to the minimalist look and feel of the NYGM super mod while still keeping what i found to be its main strengths : a challenging campaign and AI, fast loading times and no crash issues .

Last edited by ThePrody; 10-16-18 at 01:59 PM.
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote