View Single Post
Old 10-12-18, 07:05 AM   #5
fumo30
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

I'm also stuck with GWX for the reason my CD got broken long time ago, so unfortunately I don't have a chance trying NYGM. I only better take good care of my existing SH3 installation. Anyways, I'm happy with GWX. I use some graphical mods and air torp mod(Fido) + H.sie patch.

What is the most challenging boat type to survive is tricky for me to answer. All the usual types( 2,7,9) are equally challenging and I have perished in countless careers in every of them.
Maybe I choose type ll to be the most challenging, cause you often operate in shallow waters(<50 meters) and that means quite certain death if the destroyers detect you. Type ll two is slow too and don't dive very deep. Additionally the deck armament is weak and no radar is available. It took me 7 attempts to survive the Black sea campaign with full realism. Ok, I allow the external view in my campaigns, but I don't use it for tactical purposes. Its only the eye candy for me.

I play "iron man" campaigns (That means if you die, the campaign is over) from the start of the war trying to survive the whole ordeal, and of course do my duty.

I've managed to survive the war only three times, once in type ll, once in type Vll and once in type lX.

Last edited by fumo30; 10-12-18 at 07:29 AM.
fumo30 is offline   Reply With Quote