Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Another important thing, my friend, is to make them pop-up in different times, not all at the same time. Put some delay between items (life boats) as the ship sinks (not after). If you're worried about the manual work of doing it to each ship.dat, don't worry, I can do this part of the job for you no problem. The good part is that this is definitive, and MUCH more realistic. As soon as the ship is doomed to sink, the life boats starts to pop-up, one by one, with some good 30 seconds of delay between one and another.

In my opinion it can't be better then that...
If we opt to use them attached to debris, them they will only spawn when the ships is sinking/after sink, all practically at same time.

If we opt to use them attached to each ship then is possible to make then appears before the ships sink and with some time between then - i already made it this way since the first test version as you can see on the video (sometimes more, sometimes less time betwwen them). If we opt for this way to have LB, what is really more elegant and realistic i will need help for sure to adjust all the ships. Do you read my PM to you?

Anyhow is clear for me now , unless news discoveries pop up, that the privateer idea is the best for permanent debris (and they use the same "permanent" solution that I made for LBoats), then this will be the way to go for debris. But for Lifeboats we have these two choices.

I plan to release a complete "attached to debris version" soon (including the life boats) for tests (I just need to have some conversations with privateer first). This way we can really judge before the mod reachs its final stage. This version is very easy to do and works imediatelly for any mod or even stock game! (not only GWX)
In my opinion we should definetively go for the more elegant and realistic way. Once we release all the existing ships all we have to do is state publicly what is needed to be changed in the .dat files and the new ships will be out of the docks with the life boats already attached, by the person who did it (new ships). You have to keep in mind that sometimes a ship takes more then one hour to sink, so nobody would wait that long just to see the life boats in the debris. Makes no sense in my opinion. What we should do is to put this into the .dat files in a way that once the ship is doomed, life boats start to appear. And also another very interesting thing to do would be to increase the number of debris after the ship sinks, to be more realistic, and to put some PEOPLE in the debris, coz you know, in a sinking not everybody manages to save himself.

So after torpedoing a ship we would have life boats poping up with a random delay between them, and when the ship finally sinks, a lot of debris and some people floating in the water (with just their heads and arms out of the water, not floating like dead man, but if this is not possible, some dead man floating is good enough).

I STRONGLY recommend that this mod is done this way. Even if in the end you guys decide to do the easy way (debris) I would like to know what I have to change in the .dat files so I can do this mod for myself. I have the time to spend doing all the necessary modifications on those ship.dat files and I'm willing to help. Maybe I don't know everything I need to know to help, but I learn very fast and I have a lot of creativity.