View Single Post
Old 04-14-08, 08:59 AM   #69
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I shall grace this thread with my 400th forum posting to offer an idea.

Assuming it is possible to make the lifeboats and survivors destructible, could it be implemented where a kaleun would suffer a renown penalty for gunning down survivors and, conversely, receive a renown bonus for aiding survivors?

To balance this tactically, a kaleun would be faced with maintaining stealth by remaining unseen by survivors ( or ensuring none lived to report the u-boat's disposition to Allied rescuers ) and being humane by rendering aid that would leave the u-boat vulnerable to being attacked or stalked by units that recieve radio reports of the news offered by the survivors?

Regardless, even if this mod is only eye-candy, it is yet another triumph of the masters, Rubini, privateer, and company!

I can hardly wait for this one!

I wonder if the shipwake could be altered to spawn occasional debris, in the form of trash tossed overboard, that would aid a u-boat watch crew in knowing if shipping traffic has been in the area recently? "Debris, spotted! Bearing 37 degrees!"

What I wouldn't give to be able to rewrite the game engine to make such features readily implemented!
AFAIK, will be not possible to make the LB destructible in Sh3.

About release some trash...in theory is possible but needs test to see how they will behaviours in all situations...