View Single Post
Old 10-06-17, 03:58 PM   #2145
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
You mean there was a "directors cut" of the Lynch movie? I did not know that. I only know that three-part TV series that later was done from scratch, looking totally different /(and cheap), and imo being even worse. Lynch had nothing to do with that one, I think.
Yes and no. During the early 2000s, with the DVDs and several movies coming out with directors cut, there was a rumour that D. Lynch's Dune had 5 or 8 hours of film and that people want him to do a directors cut or a uncut version. The problem was that it was just a rumour, Dune has near 3 hours, I think. Then in 2006 it come up a extended version and since it was not made by Lynch, the director as the script features different names.

the Alan Smithee version has been released in a two disk set containing both the Lynch version and the extended version. However, many scenes have been edited out once again. The heart plug scene when the baron is introduced is not in the extended version anymore (it is still in the original). The scene where Thufir discovers the burning wierding modules is also missing as well as Thufir's death scene. (Thufir's death scene is included as a deleted scene in the special features).

The sci-fy channel version of Dune I didn't see. I thought it was bad. But I read that this film was more in line with the book.
Still speaking of Dune, did you see the documentary about Jodorowsky Dune project?
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote