View Single Post
Old 03-10-09, 03:17 AM   #48
tomagabriel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 3

@ the periscope 3d model (Kaye T. Bai)

This was one of the reasons I warned people that this mod will conflict with other subs. I do not know yet how to create a set of periscopes to be used by just one sub (I'd have to add two 3d model objects in the sensors_US.dat file - adding is easy, I just don't know if I can link them to the sub - probably yes). As soon as I know how to do that, I will fix it.

@the ship wake (thyro)

I do not mind suggestions and comments at all. In fact I rely heavily on them. I do not have time to test myself and also there are things others know and I find out about them much faster like this. So keep the comments coming. By the way, could you post a screen shot of the ship wakes you mentioned about? I did not have time to install myself what you recommended, but I wondered many times how they look like )

@lothos

To deal with the damaged ships still floating, I will include a dummy tomahawk anti-ship missile (it is not guided-WIP-but it flies fast and packs a hevy puch). The new ADCAP torpedos themselves will be based on the German type XI torpedo. They are now like wild dogs )

Oh, and by the way, I think that popping out of the water is just due to inertia, I use stock game (no mods) and sometimes they pop out for me too (however in the next version they will pop out less - I think - you will test it).

Does anyone know if deformation of water surface can be changed somehow? I am thinking about the sub-front going below the waves and curving the water surface around it. Like in the pictures people posted above.
tomagabriel is offline   Reply With Quote