View Single Post
Old 04-06-10, 12:02 AM   #8
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Big is Beautiful !

Stiglir, the yearning for something better, stronger or faster is basic human nature. I'd rather personally drive a Panther that can prevail on the battlefield than feel the anguish of a Panzer IIC driver in his lightly armoured coffin. It's not the matter of wanting an Ueber anything to satisfy my ego it's plain simple logic and the survival instinct.Light tanks are cute and can be useful against lightly armed infantry and machine gun nests but let's face it they can be blown up by anything bigger than a 20 mm gun or by a grenade.Than tank was designed with the idea of gaining battlefield supremacy not for crews to experience angst or with the study of human phobias in mind...That being said I love the Panzer IVF2 and the T34 on the Soviet side was also quite good without beign a heavy hitter.

If you were give the choice or the money would you rather drive a VW Golf or a Porsche Cayenne?A Corolla or a Landcruiser?

I understand that some players are attracted to APCs or smaller tank models. It's their choice and their right.But I don't see anything wrong about wanting to play more powerful machines either.Actually, I much prefer the Panther to the Ueber panzer by excellence the Panzer VI Ausf. B (Tiger II or KingTiger) or to the Tiger I.Surviving swarms of incoming T34/85, KV1 and 2s, JS2s, at a ratio of 4 to 1 or more is enough of a challenge.

Anyway it's just a matter of what makes one tick....

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote