View Single Post
Old 10-05-13, 11:14 AM   #6
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Schiebert View Post
So now I think I could have got away with staying out there.
But when you made the decision you didn't know. What you knew was that you had been badly damaged and that the officer responsible for the technical functioning of the boat was warning about more damage.

+ the game does not simulate taking care of your crew. I would think that after the death of two of their mates and the risk on their lives and the unknown condition of the boat, the crewmen would have seen you as a pretty ruthless commander, if you had continued on. I remember reading somewhere that during the later war years there were suspicions that the crewmen had caused malfunctions on the boat to force a return trip. The respect of your crewmen is a precious thing and even if it is not simulated, there is no reason we can't play as if it was a part of the game. Of course the balancing between making the crewmen to function well under danger and on the other hand not risking their lives unnecessarily, is really not easy at all and in this sense the decision was not easy either.

Anyways I think it was a good decision and in the spirit of the game - of course depending on what kind of a commander you would like to play as
sublynx is offline   Reply With Quote