View Single Post
Old 05-12-10, 11:18 PM   #44
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default SF vs fps

Wow KC I am amazed! You must be playing the game in slow motion...The advantage is that it gives you plenty of time to see those T34/s coming ever so slowly at you and then your shell whizzes its way in a ballet-like motion( a bit like scenes in the Matrix).

Seriously Man this is terrible.I had TvsT installed on my wife's laptop, a decent Acer with 1.9 gHz processor, 2gbs of ram, 120 gbs hard disk and a 256 mb dedicated Nvidia 7000.The game played fairly well at lowest resolution 800x 640 with antialiasing and forest animation turned off ( water details as well since it does not play a big role in the game) and the rest was set at 70%.I averaged 12 to 18 fps.But your machine is hopeless at least to play sims.Even Steel Fury on the same laptop I cannot play it because ,surprise, surprise it is awfully slow 5 to 8 fps and unlike TvsT at these low values gameplay is terrible!While SF is not a graphic hog it demands a fast processor.If your processor is below 2.0gtz then the game will be very, very slow.If your graphic card is less 256 forget it it either won't play or you'll have to turn everything off and believe me the game loses its flavour with low or poor details.

My own findings: Tvst( without ZeeWolf's mods) minimum 2.0 ghtz, graphic card minimum 256 mb dedicated not shared.RAM 2 gb minimum.

Steel Fury; processor 2.0 ghz, graphic card 512 dedicated( for good quality), ram 2 gb minimum.

TvsT with Zeewolfs mods processor 2.4 ghtz minimum, graphic card 512 mb dedicated minimum, ram 4 gbs

I am talking about people with Vista as OS the values the results might be better if you have a more user-friendly OS like XP and Windows 7.

If you have a desktop why don't you upgrade it?It's cheaper than buying a new one and graphic cards and RAM chips can be purchased at a real good price these days.

Re Steel Fury I love that game.The gameplay is nice, the special and graphic effects are good, the AI especially the infantry is good (although the damned AI tanks can be pretty stupid at times.They often drive/sink their tanks into deep water when trying to cross a river !).The landscapes are frankly pleasant with plenty of hills, rivers, lakes, small log cabin villages, forests and woods; lots of places to ambush or concela yourself and there are different 18 maps.Add all the mods( I have lost count) and user-made missions( I'll be pleased to share(email) those I have made once you have the Tiger mod installed )etc.This game is already a classic and like Panzer Elite(12 years now) will run for a long time thanks to the creators support and dedicated modders and fans.The stock misisons are a bit tame but once you get the mods and user-made missions you'll see more action and variety.Wait until you play my user-made missions!I'll post some pics of them.

That being said I believe ZeeWolf is doing the same with TvsT.He is going to turn that game into a classic and if modders can join him and create new games and vehicles etc.This game has the potential to be around for a long, long time.But right now it's a oone-man operation and it's going to take time to get there.

Morty heed me and buy Mrs Panzer Commander a leg epilator-manicure-pedicure kit.It always works with women...

BTW you made inadvertently a pun when you said quote"Poor old KC having to read all this sunshine blog about PCs whilst suffering 640x480 res screen. KC and the Sunshine Band????

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote