Old 02-11-08, 07:48 PM   #20
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre
I have two questions concerning this mods guys;

1- Talking about modelling 3D enviroment for new subs,are going to be possible real age and style command rooms? And,do you think would be achievable to add some more rooms like Captains room or so?

2- About Ports and Naval Bases,what about adding reworked sceneries for that? taking as reference known photos and data lets say from the 60s ?

If Im not wrong this is possible with the Autocad right? So,imagine added ports like Murmansk,Grotton,Gibraltar,Rota,Naples,.......and so.

Is all this a dream?
Well as for new rooms like the captain's quarters, etc, it's possible but it would involve adding more buttons to the interface (meaning low resolution players would lose buttons).

And, depending on how far we get with this mod, it will eventually become necessary to put in ports like Severodvinsk, Murmansk, Polyarny, etc. Another thing I'd like to add, but only if we have nuclear subs, is ice in the arctic (it would be kinda cheap to be able to hop the North pole in a nuke boat without having to navigate the ice).

I'm also still wondering if electronic fire control really can be integrated. Doesn't SH4 have an auto-aim feature for rookies? If so, that could be exploited for our purposes, which only leaves the problem of submeged identification... I think I'll start a new thread for this one, check it out if you have any thoughts.

Oh and Trigger, on the subject of snorkles, I would say to just wait until the upcoming U-Boat Missions expansion comes out in which we will have an SH4 compatible Type XXI (Well technically Type XVIII) with a functional snorkle you could use.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote