View Single Post
Old 06-10-12, 01:36 PM   #56
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post

Yes, it is less complex than SH3/SH4/SH5. As awesome as Aces is/was, I don't see how anyone can objectively say it is better than SH3 or SH4. There's some serious nostalgia going on here. AOD is still widely regarded as the best subsim of its time. There may be people who say best of all time, I can't take that seriously.
yes Neal...imo it is ...'nostalgia' ! a nostalgia of pure sub sims.
are the sh3/sh4/sh5 really 'complex' ? i don't think so.
the development of sub simulations stopped at sh2. from that day till today ,nothing added or developed-improved further on simulation elements in sh3,sh4 or sh5 (on the contrary ...some elements - without obvious reason - just ...vanished and a huge pack of....bugs added). sh3 or sh4 or sh5 are way far from calling them as 'sims'.
the sim fans are waiting more than 11 years for a real sim to come out(SH2 was released in November 2001 and 688i released in 1997). the best sim ,imo, was the 688i (which was sligthly improved and refreshed a little bit at DW) and i am really hoping these brilliant dev teams (sh1-sh2 dev or 688i dev teams) to show up again on stage with a u-boat sim.

as ,for all these about the 'dead sim market' that i am reading from time to time,...my opinion is that are not valid.think about it...if,indeed, was dead then there wouldn't be so many ,and very VERY good, sims for airplanes.people really like the serious sims and wants them.
companies like ubi just follow the fast road to get some money ...they don't care if the product will be good or not .all that matters for them is the product to be 'ready' in their time schedule and thats all.
there will be a real sub sim at future , i am sure of it ! when ? i don't know...i am just waiting !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote