View Single Post
Old 04-19-21, 10:37 PM   #18
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

I've been playing this mod the past few weeks. I know some Russian, but the English translation is appreciated. Even as it is with substantial amounts translated, there's perhaps too much Russian in the game for somebody that can't at least read Cyrilic.

The north Atlantic is fun and not too hard, though there isn't alot of big tonnage there (mostly small cargo ships, rarely a tanker). Playing a Type M Malyuka "Baby" sub is really challenging, since it only has two torpedoes and the torpedoes are unguided (this was one of the most common Soviet subs of the war, that and the Type Shch (for Shchuka or "pike"). This is actually easier than learning to fire manually using uzo/TDC, since you just have to reckon the target's speed, then look it up on a torpedo table to get the lead angle, line up the ship with the target (preferably perpendicular), and fire a salvo of torpedoes, one right after the other to spread them out. Positively antique, but it works.

When I try the Baltic, my sub seems to randomly blow up. Perhaps realistic (I assume due to mines, but also perhaps due to a few nasty little torpedo boats I encounter), but potentially frustrating. My first impressions of the Baltic is that it's probably the most dangerous area I've encountered in any sub sim game. The water in some places in very shallow and there's lots of dangerous predators out to get you.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote