View Single Post
Old 04-18-16, 01:38 AM   #21
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Stumbled across a possible issue with at least one of the ships in the MFM v3.2.

With map updates enabled, I measured with the ruler the distance to an M32X freighter with a listed mast height of 16m to about 3000m.

Reading the mast angle by the a. scope marks (x12) then first using a calculator, then MaGui's scope wheel both giving the same result, gave me a distance about a 500-1000m short of the real distance. Running the calculations in reverse it gave me a mast height of closer to 12m.

Again, running the calculations in reverse, I calculated where on the scope's markings the mast should have been to match and the result was that no part on the ship matches the result I got. Closest was the top edge of the stripe on the chimney.

Now I was pretty tired and errors can be made but I'm pretty darned sure I got it right, doing the measurements over and over and doing the calculations each time.

This is a problem for any rec manual and I need to set up a test on all the MFM ships to find out what's going on. This will take a good while.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote