View Single Post
Old 10-23-08, 07:26 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Thanks, good questions, I'll try to answer them.

-How does the editor handle, what can it achieve? I don't know, there was no how-to or guide for the editor on my DVD. It's a stand alone program. I looked at it but I don't know where to start with it. Normally I would OPEN an exisiting mission and start experimenting, I was not able to make that work. I asked for more info, and I assume if an editor is on the game disk, it will be something that works.

-Map editor? Not sure if the mission editor can do this also, perhaps.

-Ballistics - do they feel correct (projectiles follow an arch, lose kinetic energy over the range), or like lasers? Yes, they do replicate an arc, and the longer the distance, the more pronouced the arc. I think this part will satisfy you. Not sure about the kinetic energy! How would one measure that? If it takes more hits to damage a target at disstance?

-Starforce, Securom, or different CP? It has Starforce Plus and Securom Lockdown Edition...just kidding. I don't know, and they PR rep has not replied to my question.

-How is the infantry? To expand on what I said in the review, the infanty appear to be window dressings. There are men marching here and there, running about in the field of battle, and manning anti-tank guns, but I did not get the impression they added to the gameplay. I kept a sharp eye out for Tom Hanks and his "sticky-bombs" but he never showed. :p

-Is there an air element, if so, what and how effective? I was about to state in my review that air power was absent when I heard two roaring sounds from inside my tank that did not sound familar. When I came up and looked around there went to fighters! But, I don't think they add to the gameplay, just to add to the impression of a combined forces battlefield. The editor shows ths game includes the IL-2 and FW-190 planes.

-Is there artillery, and arty barrages? I did encounter some barrages but they may have been from enemy tanks.

- how big are the maps? I'm told 80 sq km is the max. I think the mission areas were probably 20 miles x 20 miles or so. There are times where you have to drive 15 miles from point A to B. Estimate, of course.

- how many units can participate in battle? MP hold 16 people; Single mssions had 20-40 discreet units, including tanks, infantry, trucks, and field pieces.

- Modability, and policy of the company on it? TBD

thx
Neal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg editor.jpg (73.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 10-23-08 at 08:16 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote