View Single Post
Old 08-27-18, 02:12 AM   #10651
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbroken View Post
@BrokenPrism, OK I'll be more careful with messages. Btw is there a box to tick (or anything else) to get an alert when receiving messages in [U]Captain's log[U] ?
I have alerts for messages in the radio log (shortcut upper right corner)("New radio message") but I didn't have any for those in Captain's log. I noticed that when the Captain's log is opened it is not updated (I've kept it opened to treat an arriving message in real time, a few hours later I've closed and re-opened it and I had received messages during the time the Captain's log was opened...)

Best regards
There are no options to get TC1 for capt log messages, but nevertheless you can set TC1 for any radio message (in OFEV i think) so when a new radio contact report appears in capt log, your time compression drops to1...and you have to manually open the capt log and scroll down the list to see it.

I noticed sometimes radio contact report are showing in message box too, with distance/bearing/periscope bearing/true bearing! But rarely.

SH5 doesn’t like high time compression. Best is to stay at 256/512.
You can set max TC in your documents/SH5/Cfg/main, so you’ll never pass those values.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote