View Single Post
Old 09-06-05, 11:29 AM   #177
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Stormrider,

This is essentially what I have done with the sonars as well, however, I have changed the names of AI sensors for uniformity with debug and dbgviewer.

All of the specific changes you mentioned are essentially identical to what i have, except for the Oscar and Typhoon hull/sphere. I have the oscar with same sensors as Gepard (with Pelamida II) and Typhoon and other late soviet designs with slightly reduced sonars. I have gotten info from Periscope Depth that the Oscar may be the most currently worked-on Russian platform, so it follows that the sonar would be upgraded at least to Akula standards.

My Pelamida II has Max speed increased but same sensitivity, as I assume the Russians would be putting effort into developing sonars that allow for their subs to operate at higher speeds while remaining tactical. At least, that's what I want from my Gepard.

Also, my information has the Han being upgraded to use French sonar (DUUX-5, from the USNI and internet), so I gave it the same capability as the Rubis, minus the TA.

Amizaur, cool.