View Single Post
Old 08-19-17, 07:25 PM   #7
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks gentlemen, I'm a veteran wargamer aged 60+ and have played just about every computer wargame over the past 35 years (naval/land/air) and am a military forum moderator, multiple ladder champion, game developer/playtester and tutorial writer and have got my sh*t wired tight, so when I say my Perry isn't auto-firing its SAMs and 76mm gun, you can take it to the bank..
Here's a screenshot I took 15 minutes ago of my Perry under attack by Sirens; I've got every 'Autocrew' button ticked, I switched my radars on and I set my CIWS to auto, and I turned broadside on to the incoming missiles to put them in my CIWS and 76mm guns firing arc, but as you can see, only the Gatling is firing. The 76mm and SAM's are NOT auto-firing on their own initiative, grrrr..

i'm not saying it's a bug, as maybe that's how the game was designed, so that players could have fun clicking to assign targets themselves and turning the ship etc.
I found it fun at first, but am not really a clickfest fan, for example to tackle 4 incoming Sirens you have to make 4 separate clicks for each (Select target/right-click/ Engage with/Select weapon), that's a total of 16 frantic clicks while they're coming in at 500 mph, it's not fun..
In real life the Captain can safely leave the ship in the hands of his crew to auto-defend it with CIWS/gun/SAMs while he goes to his cabin for a snooze.
The screenshot above is from a small mission I made in the editor, do you think I did something wrong in the creation process?
We can settle it once and for all if you can point me to an official mission in the game where the Perry DOES autofire it's stuff, that way you'll have proved me wrong and I'll know the fault is all mine and will go sit on the naughty step red-faced, sulking and pouting..

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 08-19-17 at 07:35 PM.
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote